As a disabled person, sometimes getting things from a high shelf can be next to impossible for me. When I was younger, this wasn't a problem. I was able to easily climb onto a kitchen chair, grab whatever I needed and get back down, all without fear of getting hurt.
But, as age sets in and my level of flexibility and coordination decreases, it's not always so easy to just 'hop up' on a kitchen chair or step stool to grab whatever I need. It's also become a chore to bend over to pick things up off the floor. This is where the Reach it Grab it Reacher Grabber Pick Stick comes in handy.
The secret to eliminating hand, arm, back and knee strain...
Finding it a struggle to reach, stretch and bend? If simple tasks are no longer so easy 'Reach it Grab it' is the perfect solution. It's firm and accurate grip, allows you to pick almost anything, in fact its so accurate it can pick up a cent!
The best multi-purpose reacher grabber that gives you the easy way to pick up and clean up!
• Easy to use, perfect for the old and young
• Strong grip with and non-slip jaws
• Reliable smooth mechanism made from high quality precision components
• Sturdy construction for years of happy grabbing
• Easy to use ergonomic design
Benefits of 'Reach it Grab it'
• Improves quality of life for people with back pain including spinal injuries, arthritis, knee, hip and joint pain that would otherwise be too difficult or too painful.
• Picking up objects dropped/lost in tight spaces can be difficult even when using a normal reaching aid. Our 'Reach it Grab it' has a swivel head, that offers a full 90 degree turning angle, almost anywhere is accessible.
• High grade aluminium construction means that it won't rust, making it suitable for all outdoors work including removing pond debris and litter picking.
^^what I received – pardon the blurriness
I had just finished my lunch when this arrived. So, To test the ability of a disabled person using this, I purposely dropped my napkin (okay, paper towel) onto the floor. Bending over would have had me making some STRANGE noises, to the point it would sound like I was auditioning for a Chewbacca fill-in.
^^paper towel on floor^^
^^paper towel in jaws of stick^^
I was able to pick up my paper towel with no pain whatsoever.
Next thing I tested was how it handle reaching up and grabbing things. For this test, because I have bad balance, I let my adoptive grandmother have the honors by reaching above the sink and grabbing a bag of sugar. Sadly, the jaws did rip the bag, but I'm not sure if that was the jaws themselves or if it was where my adoptive grandmother grabbed the bag. I think if she had grabbed the thicker part of the bag, the jaws would not have ripped it.
Since then, we have used it to grab
-plastic jars of honey
-boxes of graham crackers
-cans of evaporated milk
-cans of canned foods (soups, fruits, etc)
-jars of grated cheese
without pain to our shoulders/arms/backs. It also took the worry of clocking ourselves on the head with one of these items, because the jaws grip securely around the item.
Disabled people are going to LOVE this, as long as the person is somewhat ambulatory. People using a mobility aid or in a wheelchair will love having this. It doesn't take much strength to squeeze the handle, activating the jaws. My adoptive grandmother has carpal-tunnel syndrome in her left arm, and she could squeeze the handle easily.
The Reach It Grab It can be purchase through Amazon for $22.88.
This stick would make an EXCELLENT addition to any disabled person's home. It's very helpful in aiding disabled people to have more independence.
WOULD RECOMMEND: Yes.
**As per FTC guidelines, I received this product in exchange for an honest review. Only compensation I received is the product(s) mentioned above. All opinions are my own and your usage/results may vary.**