Bring out the chef in you with Outer Spice, four highly versatile low salt and no salt seasoning solutions modernizing the spice industry. Each batch of Outer Spice is made from a unique blend of the finest quality ingredients, and serves as a good source of nutrition, packed with essential minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants. Each seasoning solution is made from hand-selected whole spices, which are freshly ground and made in small, artisanal batches for maximum potency, vitality and flavor. Outer Spice is gluten-free, MSG-free and made with all natural, non-GMO ingredients.While I cooked a lot growing up, especially after Mommy got sick, I never really played with spices. The most I ever did with spices was follow a recipe and used what it called for. Mommy never really cooked with spices either, and when she did, it was common ones, like salt, pepper, garlic powder or garlic salt. The 'fanciest' spice Mommy ever used was lemon pepper. Because of this, I never really ventured out and experimented with different flavor combinations. The furthest I'd differentiate from a recipe was putting the garlic powder/salt on my pizza.
But once I became friends with Mama Melissa, she started 'teaching' me how to cook with spices. Because of watching and listening to Mama Melissa, I now can bring out the natural flavors of whatever I'm cooking.
But we have limited cabinet/cupboard space right now, and NO pantry like we did in the trailer I lived in as a teenager, so it's a bit inconvenient to have 10+ spice containers in the cupboard above the stove.
But Outer Spice comes to the rescue!
^^The containers I received.^^
Just a few facts about Outer Spice seasoning blends...
• Outer Spice No Salt and Low Salt seasoning solutions are made from the purest, finest quality herbs and spices available on the planet.
• Outer Spice is a quick and easy way to cook a meal that tastes like it came from a true chef.
• Outer Spice is the only spice blend created to serve as both an ingredient in every dish and a table-side condiment on every dining table. Outer Spice's mouthwatering blends are ideal for
- or to eat on its own!
• Outer Spice partners with farmers and suppliers to assure fair trade and good profit margins for each family or person Outer Spice does business with.
• Outer Spice combines fresh hand-selected herbs and spices in small, artisanal batches to create the most versatile combination of flavors, making ordinary foods extraordinary.
• Each spice could be used on a daily basis on everything, offering every level of cook endless possibilities.
• Consumers save money because they forgo buying individual spices offering the same quality nutritional benefits and taste found in Outer Spice.
• Outer Spice is a vibrant part of a healthy, well-balanced diet, especially when dietary restrictions are advised.
• Outer Spice is a convenient ingredient that you can depend on for consistently good meals.
I was sent 2 containers for review; the Outer Spice Original Low-Salt and the Outer Spice Spicy No-Salt varieties.
Outer Spice Original-Low Salt
A well-balanced seasoning that is high in flavor and low in Sodium. Only 95 mg of sodium per serving.
The Original blend has a very nice flavor to it, although the Himalayan Pink Sea salt does make it a tad bit too salty for my liking. It's not an overpowering salty taste, but as someone who doesn't use added salt in her meals (and not by choice either) I really could detect the salt in it.
Outer Spice Spicy-No Salt
A unique combination of frshly ground herbs and spices to boost the flavor of any dish without the sodium. SPICY No Salt has a zesty flavor profile that is a great addition to diets requiring less sodium but desiring just a little more POW.
The Spicy blend is HOT. I mean really hot. I'd equate the spiciness level to restaurant-style hot wings. This is one of those spices that 'a little goes a long way.'
In what little amount of cooking I'm allowed to do on my own (when I'm not sneaking around to do it), I find myself drawn to using the Original Blend more than the Spicy blend, even with the saltiness. I tend to use it in my chicken salads and my ramen or spaghetti noodles the most. Below is a picture of the recipe I personally created using Outer Spice, Spiced Up Spaghetti.
^^Spiced Up Spaghetti using the Outer Spice Original Low-Salt blend^^
Since these spice blends are designed for diets that have dietary restrictions, I don't see disabled people having any issues with their diets. They MAY have trouble opening the safety cardboard lids under the tops of the containers, but I have seen able-bodied folks have problems opening those 'pull-tab' cardboard lids as well.
These are available from the Outer Spice store for $8.99. You can also find them at your local Whole Foods Market.
These spices would make a perfect gift for the chef on your Holiday Gift List. Wrap them up individually and put them in their stocking or wrap them up as a set and put them under the tree! They'll love them!!
An awesome way to spice up anyone's cooking game, whether they have dietary restrictions or not!.
WOULD RECOMMEND: Yes
**As per FTC guidelines, I received this product in exchange for an honest review. Only compensation I received is the product(s) mentioned above. All opinions are my own and your usage/results may vary.**